If you notice anything concerning, or have any concerns yourself, please do not hesitate to approach us or contact us privately (email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message on Twitter or Facebook).
It is important for our event to have a professional, enjoyable, harassment-free atmosphere, so all participants (whether they are organizers, speakers, sponsors, crew, or delegates) are expected to abide by the Conference Code of Conduct. Those who are found to violate the Code shall be:
- facing sanctions; or
- asked to leave the premises; or
- banned from future PWDO events; or
- facing one or more of the above.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the organization immediately. They can be identified as they’ll be wearing event-branded t-shirts.
Organizers will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
We expect participants to follow these rules at event venues and related social events.
Modified from: Conference Code of Conduct. See also: Codes of Conduct 101 + FAQ
Refund & No-Show Policy
No refunds will be granted after a PWDO event has taken place. If for any reason you cannot attend the event your registered for, please let us know within a reasonable amount of time before the event.
Any member who is found guilty of one or more of the following activities may be dismissed or banned from the organization & its events:
- Violating intellectual property rights, plagiarizing, falsely claiming credit for someone else’s work, involving parties inside or outside of the organization.
- Misrepresenting the Philippine Web Designers Organization, or misusing the name, the logo, and the branding of its events.
- Harassing other members, or engaging in unlawful, unethical behavior or transactions with other members.
- Sophia Lucero, Internal Affairs
- Mae de Leon, Internal Affairs
- Kit Valmadrid, Membership & HR
- Seph Buluran, Design & Tech
- Aceler Chua, Design & Tech
- Sarah Cada, External Affairs